Who should attend
Academic and professional supervisors, Academic Level D and above & Professional Level 8 and above who have previously attended the Performance Coaching (LPHR15) workshop
This follow up to the Performance Coaching workshop provides an opportunity to review, role-play and experience in-depth skill development in performance coaching.
NOTE: Attendance at Performance Coaching (LPHR15) is a pre-requisite for attendance at Coaching Review and Application.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have practiced and further developed the skills taught in the pre-requisite workshop, Performance Coaching:
- Identify the key issues in building an effective workplace relationship and provide ongoing coaching to all staff members
- Utilise a model for academic coaching
- Understand the key issues in building an effective workplace relationship and taking up the ‘coaching’ role with staff and colleagues
- Apply coaching skills to ‘live’ workplace issues
- Performance Coaching (pre-requisite) workshop review
- ‘Difficult’ conversations
- Master class – role playing, review of skills and tools for more challenging conversations
- Leadership authority
- Planning ongoing application
Both training workshops will be facilitated by external consultant Greg Cook, a psychologist with over 20 years’ experience in leadership development and coaching coupled with extensive experience working with senior leaders across Go8 universities.
$170 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code