Who should attend
Professional and Academic Supervisors, Academic Level B-D & Professional Level 6/7 – SM1
This workshop will provide participants with tools and techniques to support and develop staff resilience and enhance work performance. Participants will learn to develop a supportive leadership style to assist in cultivating a care and concern culture.
- Understanding key areas where supervisors can assist to buffer employees against challenging work environments and support them to sustainably work at their peak
- Setting clear boundaries and having conversations early to address health, performance or behavioural issues to develop a safe and effective working environment for all staff
- Identifying factors of leadership style that undermine resilience in staff, particularly during peak times
- Self-assessment of management style to identify any factors that may be improved for enhancing resilience in staff
- Clearly understand the physiological, psychological and behavioural consequences of chronic and sustained stress and how these can impact work performance, productivity, team morale and health
- Identifying when staff need assistance, particularly identifying work related warning signs & symptoms
- How to have compassionate and respectful conversations to support staff to seek help early so that they can continue to perform their duties
- Understanding how to coach for resilience, improve skills in demonstrating empathy and manage self in relation to others
This workshop is delivered by Sue Read, a trained psychologist who has a particular interest in assisting individuals and organisations to attain optimal health. Sue achieves this aim by providing targeted interventions to address issues such as preventing psychological injury, building resilience, addressing workplace conflict, and prevention and management of stress-related symptoms.
$340 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code