This 1.5 hour workshop will offer participants an insight into the benefit of using behavioural-based interview questions, as well as an understanding of psychometric testing results and using them to develop interview questions.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for staff who participate in recruitment activities, including HR Practitioners.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify key behaviours and capabilities as they relate to the Selection Criteria
- Develop relevant behavioural interview questions
- Understand how to conduct a referee check using behavioural questions
- Understand how behavioural interviews offer connections between a candidate’s performance in a previous job and future performance
- Understand the Wonderlic Psychometric testing and how to interpret results
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- What are behavioural questions? Know the difference between a behavioural question and an open-ended question
- What can behavioural questions convey? Develop and understanding of the purpose of the behavioural questions and using them to develop and accurate picture of candidate performance
- Linking psychometric testing to interview questions. Explore psychometric testing and how the results might be used to develop interview questions
When can I attend
- 8 February 2017, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- 5 April 2017, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- 27 June 2017, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- 2 August 2017, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- 25 October 2017, 12:30pm – 2:00 pm
- 29 November 2017, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code