Who should attend
For Selection Committee Chairs and Hiring Managers, this 1 hour workshop with provide an opportunity to develop and reconstruct questions appropriate for behavioural-based interviews.
This 1 hour workshop, facilitated by the Recruitment Services team in the Human Resources Division, will offer Hiring Managers and Selection Committee Chairs an insight into the benefit of using behavioural-based questions as well as practical training on how to form behavioural-based interview questions relevant to the role requirements.
Participants will be provided with an opportunity to present some of their preferred questions and to reconstruct them to make them consistent with the behavioural-based interview format.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify key behaviours and capabilities as they relate to the Selection Criteria
- Develop relevant behavioural interview questions
- Understand how to conduct a referee check using behavioural questions
- Understand how behavioural interviews offer connections between a candidate’s performance in a previous job and future performance.
What the workshop will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- What are behavioural questions, and what are they not? Know the difference between a behavioural question and an open-ended question
- What can behavioural questions tell you? Develop and understanding of the purpose of the behavioural questions and using them to develop and accurate picture of candidate performance
- Linking psychometric testing to interview questions. Explore psychometric testing and how the results might be used to inform interview questions
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code