The objective of the Ideas Grant scheme is to support innovative research projects addressing a specific question(s).
The expected outcomes are:
• innovative and creative research
• funding of researchers at all career stages, and
• funding any area of health and medical research from discovery to implementation.
The scheme will provide particular opportunities for early and mid-career researchers. It is expected that the CIA will have the scientific leadership and skills to achieve the proposed project aims.
1. Each College deals with a different volume of applications, offers different services and has a different internal deadline.
- Contact your College Research Office and advise of your intent to submit an application.
- Ensure you are informed of internal deadlines and obtain any resources available to support you in preparing your application.
- Further information on the NHMRC’s New Grants Program, including Program Changes, the new Grants Management System (Sapphire) and Information Sessions and Workshops can be found here.
2. Documentation to apply can be found at GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
External Applicants: For information on how to apply for the NHMRC Centres of Research Excellence through the Australian National University please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.