This US Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) framework ensures that The Australian National University (ANU) staff are eligible to apply for National Science Foundation (NSF), a Public Health Service (PHS) funding agency, or funding from non-PHS US funding agencies using the PHS regulations (including FCOI) in their award terms. Hereinafter “PHS” refers to both PHS agencies and non-PHS agencies using PHS regulations.
ANU Investigators applying for or participating in funded grants from NSF or a PHS agency.
You must complete the FCOI Disclosure Form:
- Prior to submission of the application
- If you joined an existing PHS or NSF project, or
- If you have something new to declare
You must complete the FCOI training:
- Prior to submission of the application
- If you joined an existing PHS or NSF project
For more information, please review the FCOI framework and requirements documentation.
US Financial Conflict of Interest Framework
US Financial Conflict of Interest Requirements
If you have an ANU-led project with a sub-recipient, please have them complete this form.
Several US federal agencies have their own requirements for disclosures related to their sponsored research projects. This framework provides specific guidance on the requirements of the NSF and PHS agencies and should be read in conjunction with the requirements and disclosure documents.
ANU staff seeking to apply for and hold PHS or NSF funding must comply with this policy at both the application and post award management stages..
Requesting information regarding a PHS grant
ANU ensures public accessibility of certain information regarding identified conflicts of interest with funding received from agencies of the US Public Health Service (PHS) including the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Information is publicly available, via a written response within five business days upon receipt of a request as detailed below, of information concerning a Significant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosed to the University that meets the following criteria:
The individual for whom information is sought, is identified by the University in the grant application, progress report, or any other required report submitted to the PHS as senior/key personnel on an active PHS grant or cooperative agreement for which a notice of award was issued on or after August 24, 2012;
- The SFI is still held by the senior/key personnel individual for the PHS-funded research project;
- A determination has been made that the SFI is related to the PHS-funded research; and
- A determination has been made that the SFI is a Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI)
- Instructions for Requesting Information Regarding FCOIs Related to PHS-Funded Research at The Australian National University
How to request the information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in your request.
Information about you:
Name (first and last): _________________________________________________________
Email Address: __________________________________________________________
Street Address: __________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip Code: __________________________________________________________
Best contact number: __________________________________________________________
Information about your request:
NIH Award Number:__________________________________________________________
Name of the Investigator (first and last): __________________________________________________________
If you need assistance with this information, please access the National Institutes of Health’s Report tool for assistance at http://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter.cfm.
Appendix A – List of Public Health Services Funded Agencies
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (OASPR)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH)
*Note: The current ANU FCOI policy is undergoing final review and endorsement by the relevant ANU Committees