What are we trying to achieve?
The Travel Auto Approval project aims to reduce the number of travel requests that have to be manually approved by Supervisors and Delegates.
Current policy requires the traveller to submit a travel request which is assessed and approved by the Supervisor and Delegate. By applying predetermined business rules to all domestic travel requests, a portion of these will be identified as low risk and as a result will be automatically approved by the eForm. Email notifications will be issued to the traveller and supervisor to confirm the auto-approval. This will streamline and simplify the approval process, enhancing the experience for both travellers and approvers.
Delivering improved services
The implementation of Travel Auto-Approval will:
- automate low risk domestic travel requests
- streamline the approvals process
- reduce average approval time for Travel Approvals across campus
- notify Supervisors and Delegates of low risk travel requests without requiring further action.
- reduce the number of travel requests that have to be manually approved by Supervisors and Delegates
- reduce the number of email escalations received by the Domestic Delegate
- reduce time spent by Supervisor and Domestic Delegate to review and approve travel requests
- improve user satisfaction by increasing the turnaround approval time of low risk travel requests
- streamline the domestic travel approval process
- improve service outcomes and responsiveness to customer needs by streamlining the approval process.
The Business Owner will develop the Functional Specification, after which the solution will be developed by the Intelledox Digital Transformation Centre team. Relevant policy changes are progressed by the Business Owner. A comprehensive communications strategy will be developed to inform members of the University of the policy and eForm changes in line with the subsequent release.