The StudyAt ANU Replacement project aimed to replace the legacy StudyAt ANU application (an online catalogue of education offerings by ANU) with a new application that delivers greater usability and functionality.
What is StudyAt?
StudyAt is an application which provides an online catalogue of the University's education offerings. StudyAt is a major marketing tool for the University, providing prospective students with a wealth of information that enables them to choose a degree(s) relevant to their ambitions and interest. The application is also used extensively by existing students as well as staff.
What is the StudyAt Replacement Project?
The StudyAt Replacement Project aims to replace the legacy StudyAt application with a new application that delivers greater useability and functionality. The core foundations of the StudyAt replacement Project are to;
- Develop an application capable of displaying the University's new education offering, such as Flexible Double Degrees, with in-built flexibility to adapt to future initiatives.
- Enhance the search capability of the application, providing a guided search function to users that is supported by a broader range of search options which displays targeted results.
- Improve the visual presence of the StudyAt application, providing a visually appealing, engaging and interactive experience.
- Develop an application that is supported by the University's ITS Division with strategically aligned and converging technologies, allowing for improved platform scalability and ongoing internal development.
The aim of the StudyAt ANU Replacement project is to achieve the following primary outcomes as a result of the project deliverables:
- Provide an online handbook for undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- Facilitate the delivery of the double degree framework.
- Facilitate the delivery of a degree finder marketing feature.
- Provide a total curriculum management solution to manage AQF compliance and program accreditation processes and reporting requirements.
- Facilitate better integration of curriculum content where used across a number of enterprise systems and published corporate websites by providing authoritative source data.
- Provide a product supported by ITS with strategically aligned and converging technologies.
The StudyAt ANU Replacement project was successfully completed as of August 2013.
The project launched the new Programs and Courses application for ANU Open Day on August 31 and promoted the new Flexible Double Degrees.
- Display the University's new education offering - Flexible Double Degrees - with in-built flexibility to adapt to future initiatives.
- Improved search function to deliver more targeted results.
- Improved visual presence of the application.
- More engaging and interactive experience.
- Improved platform scalability and ongoing internal development.
- Online handbook for undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- Curriculum management solution to manage compliance, program accreditation processes, and reporting requirements.
- Authoritative source of data.