The Financial Shared Services (FSS) project consolidates transactional based processing previously performed by Finance and Business Services, Academic Colleges and Service Divisions into a central hub.
What are the benefits?
The new FSS is designed to facilitate the efficient and effective delivery of financial transactional services, while maintaining service levels, and allow local area Finance teams to focus on non-transactional activities that support the strategic direction of their College or Service Division.
The FSS is also expected to realise the following benefits for the University:
- consistent and simplified processes and systems
- improved service delivery
- a centre of financial transaction expertise
- enhanced focus on business partnering and strategic finance activities by remaining College and Service Division Finance teams
- multi-skilling across all transactional areas
- increased visibility and ability to drive improved compliance
- support the development of a continuous improvement culture.
Who will it affect?
The following Colleges and Divisions are in scope for FSS:
- Finance and Business Services: Financial Operations
- College of Medicine, Biology and Environment
- College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- College of Law
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Asia Pacific
- Facilities and Services.
What this means for staff
From 30 September 2015, Financial Shared Services will be the one point of contact for all finance transactional activities for Academic Colleges and Service Divisions. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase card, debtor, general ledger, vendor and customer creation, asset management and payments.
Where to get help and support
A dedicated Customer Service Team has been created within Financial Shared Services to ensure that service levels are maintained. They can be contacted between 9:00am and 5:00pm on:
Phone: 02 6125 4777
More information about Financial Shared Services can be found on the website