Stage 1 of the Chief Investigators Financial Reporting (CIFR) project is complete with the release of the new Chief Investigator Financial Reports.
What are we trying to achieve?
The University has been undertaking the 'Chief Investigator Financial Reporting Project' to make it easier for researchers to understand the financial status of each research grant.
This aims to reduce the amount of time required to administer and manage these funds. The project will deliver a suite of ten reports that were designed, reviewed and approved by a representative body known as the Chief Investigator Reference Group.
This project has been managed by the Service Improvement Group in close partnership with Finance and Business Services, Planning and Performance Measurement and Research Services Division. A significant contribution was made by College Finance Managers. This collaborative effort aims to deliver improved service outcomes for researchers.
New CI financial reports available 25 August 2014
As part of Stage 1, four reports have been developed and approved by the Chief Investigator Reference Group:
- CI Project Portfolio Financial Summary
- Sub Project Financial Summary
- Project Life Financial Summary by Budget Class
- Project Transactions.
Commencing on Monday, 25 August 2014 these reports will be produced for each financial period and available to you.
These reports are produced by the Performance, Planning and Measurement team and will be emailed directly to Chief Investigators or can be accessed via a link provided by email. Other reports will either be emailed to you or can be accessed via a link. College Finance Managers and other administrative staff will also have access to the CI Financial Reports.
Key benefits for Chief Investigators
These reports provide key information that will assist in the financial management of research project(s) including:
- bottom line at current financial period and whole of life of the project
- sub projects bottom line at current financial period and whole of life of the sub project
- current budget position for the whole project and amount of funds not expensed and income outstanding
- detailed listing of transactions including income, expense and commitments.
Further information about the Reports is available on the Reporting webpage.