The Admissions, Scholarships and Accomodation (ASA) project will deliver an integrated, ANU-branded admissions process that will enable the University to make offers to a more diverse range of prospective students, provide a more meaningful way of early engagement with applicants and streamline processes. Prospective students will have the ability to apply for admission, scholarships and accommodation, using pre ATAR, equity and a points-based co-curriculum schedule. In its initial scope, it will primarily provide services to domestic undergraduate students but will be flexible enough to enable further cohorts in the future.
Why are we doing this?
The overall objectives of the project are to:
- establish an ANU branded and integrated admissions, scholarships and accommodation initiative;
- package outcomes to the applicant that may include an offer of admission, scholarship and/or accommodation, subject to eligibility, much earlier in the year;
- offer a place to a more diverse range of prospective students, with a predominant focus on matching financial support to need;
- provide a more meaningful form of early engagement with prospective students;
- streamline processes; and
- support the strategic initiatives outlined in the ANU Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
What is involved?
The project is in the initial phase. The Project Reference Group (PRG) has been formed and is meeting fortnightly to discuss how the strategic initiatives will be met. The PRG will examine current issues, provide suggestions for improvement and contribute to the design of the new processes and system. The PRG will also make recommendations that will be endorsed and approved by various University committees.
The University is currently undertaking a procurement process to secure a partner to deliver the ANU ASA project, including integration and business transformation. This process is expected to be completed by the end of July 2017.