This half day workshop and trade safety course familiarises staff with workplace health and safety principles including general principles, chemical safety and hearing conservation. The role of hazard identification, assessment and auditing and control of hazards and risks associated with workshop practices are explained.
Who should attend
This course is designed for all staff in workshop and trade safety including new joiners and any academic and Professional staff wanting to utilise workshop equipment (as approved by their local area).
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the procedures for identification, assessment and control of hazards and risks associated with workshop and trade practices
- Assist in the development of Safe Operating /Working procedures, and provides a set of guideline Safe Operating Procedures for common workshop practices that can be built on by participants and Areas.
- Strive for best practice through process involving audits, continual improvements and sharing of information
- Understand relevant WHS legislation
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- General principles of workshop safety
- Chemical management
- Noise management
- Standard safe operating procedures
When can I attend
- 16 May 2017, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- 14 November 2017, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
please email email@example.com with your Uni ID and a charge code for billing purposes.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code