This two hour course is designed to update staff and post-graduate students undertaking fieldwork and will be delivered by a subject matter expert from the Research School of Biology.
This training is valid for five years.
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff and post-graduate students who undertake fieldwork. It is a mandatory requirement that supervisors of these staff and post-graduate students also undertake the training.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will understand:
- Travel approvals relating to fieldwork
- Risk assessment process for fieldwork safety
- Responsibilities for undergraduate students and volunteers participating in fieldwork
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Fieldwork Safety procedures
- Maintenance equipment
- Composition of a fieldwork party
- Requirements for undergraduate and volunteers for fieldwork
- First aid requirements
- Suitable clothing, PPE and communication devices
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code