ANU Online offers training on university learning systems and their pedagogical approaches to help you with your teaching. You can register for all available courses on HORUS.
Check out the upcoming sessions for July below, or find the complete listing for the semester here.
Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP)
Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP) is a new platform that offers lecture recording, interactive activities, and Q&A features. It provides features, including interactive slides, an option for students to flag confusion, and a Q & A function that can be used for a variety of teaching and learning purposes.
This hands-on session will include:
- Common functionalities lecturers will use
- Level of adoption options
- Step-by-step walk through of ALP and its interactive features
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday 11 July, 10-11.30 am (Chifley Flex Lab 1)
- Thursday 12 July, 1-2.30 pm (Hancock Flex Lab)
- Tues 17 July, 2-3.30 pm (Chifley Flex Lab 1)
- Thursday 19 July, 10-11.30 am (Menzies Flex Lab)
Wattle (Moodle) Basics
This session introduces Wattle (or Moodle), the university's learning management system. It is ideal for any staff new to teaching, or new to the ANU. It will demonstrate how to access, build, and teach using your course Wattle site. Participants will have hands-on practice with adding resources (like course outlines and lecture material) and activities (such as Turnitin or forums) to a Wattle site.
- Wednesday 18th July 2018, 10-11.30 am (Chifley Flex Lab 1)
- Tuesday 24th July 2018, 2-3.30 pm (Menzies Flex Lab)
Turnitin Training Workshop
In this session, you will have hands-on practice with:
- grading a Turnitin assignment using GradeMark,
- customising your personal comment bank (QuickMark) in Turnitin,
- setting up rubrics in GradeMark, and
- reviewing Turnitin integration with gradebook.
- Tuesday 10th July, 2018, 10-11.30am (Hancock Flex Lab)
Online Coffee Course
Monday 9 – Thursday 12 July, 2018: Designing Online Learning Environments
A well-designed course can foster positive learning outcomes, enhance student experience and reduce student anxiety and stress.
In this fully online, self-paced coffee course, we will focus on one aspect of course design: the delivery of course materials online. Every interaction within a course forms part of a learner’s experience – including their interactions with course sites.
Access the course blog at http://anuonline.weblogs.anu.edu.au and enter your email in the Subscribe for Updates box. You will receive 1 email a day during the course with the content and activities for you to complete, which should take around 15-20 minutes to complete.
We welcome all staff, including tutors, demonstrators, professional staff, and academics at the Australian National University to join us, as well as colleagues at other institutions.
Professional development recognition is available for all ANU staff through HORUS. Register now at AOC018 - Designing Online Learning Environments. To receive recognition, you will be required to post a comment on every blog post.
Please feel free to ask questions at any time by email to EdDesign@anu.edu.au.