ANU Online runs a host of training on Wattle, Turnitin, Echo360 ALP, ePortfolio and more to help you with your teaching.
Check out the upcoming sessions for February below, or find the complete listing on our website.
Note: Please confirm the session details closer to the time on our website as there may be last minute changes from time to time.
Wattle (Moodle) Basics
This session introduces Wattle (or Moodle), the university’s learning management system. It is ideal for any staff new to teaching, or new to the ANU. It will demonstrate how to access, build, and teach using your course Wattle site.
- Tuesday 13th February 2018, 2pm – 3.30pm; (Location: Menzies Library Flex Lab, R.G. Menzies Building)
- Thursday 22nd February 2018, 10-11.30am; (Hancock Library Flex Lab, W.K. Hancock Building - West Wing)
- Wednesday 28 February 2018, 1-2.30pm; (Location: Chifley Library Flex Lab 1, J.B. Chifley Building)
Turnitin Training Workshop
This session will cover how to set up a Turnitin assignment, interpret the results in the originality report, and how to deal with issues of academic integrity and plagiarism. It will familiarise you with the Turnitin assignment and the university's academic integrity principles.
- Wednesday 14th February 2018, 10-11.30am; (Location: Menzies Library Flex Lab, R.G. Menzies Building)
Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP)
The University has moved to the new version of Echo360 for the start of the 2018 teaching year. Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP) will continue to automatically record lectures as usual, but there are some changes access and how to use recordings. Echo360 ALP also provides new features, including interactive slides, an option for students to flag confusion, and a Q & A function that can be used for a variety of teaching and learning purposes.
- Thursday 8 February 2018, 10-10.30am; (Location: Copland Lecture Theatre)
- Wednesday 7 February 2018, 10:45am–12.15pm; (Location: Law Library Computer lab, Law School)
- Thursday 15 February 2018, 2-3.30pm; (Location: Hancock Library Flex Lab, W.K. Hancock Building - West Wing)
- Tuesday 20 February 2018, 10-11.30am; (Location: Chifley Library Flex Lab 1, J.B. Chifley Building)
- Wednesday 28 February 2018, 10.45am–12.15pm; (Location: Law Library Computer lab, Law School)
Introduction of ePortfolio (Mahara) and Portfolio Learning
Introducing the new ePortfolio tool for ANU! The ePortfolio system is now available to all ANU students and staff and is integrated with Wattle for teaching. Portfolios can cover personal, professional and academic development and allows people to collect, curate and selectively present materials. It can be used for a wide range of activities such as journaling, blogging, collaborative teamwork or personal website.
- Keep an eye on our training calendar for upcoming sessions in April and June!
Quizzes: Building Wattle Quizzes
This session explores ways in which Quizzes can be used in Wattle to create opportunities to support the teaching and learning needs of your course.
- Wednesday 7 February 2018, 2-3:30pm; (Location: Hancock Library Flex Lab, W.K. Hancock Building - West Wing)
Registrations for most sessions is via HORUS. Select “Training Catalogue” to view and sign up for sessions.
All are welcome. We look forward to seeing you there!