On Monday 8 April 2019, over 40 people attended a briefing session by the Technical Workshops project team. The briefing included an update on the progress of the project so far, an overview of the next steps for the project, and a Q and A session.
The briefing session covered the following topics:
- Update on what has been happening, including the implementation process for the Workshop Management System.
- Overview of system usage to date: in the first three months of usage (January to March 2019) the Technical Workshop Management System had almost 300 customers register with the system, and together they have submitted almost 600 unique job requests.
- Feedback from the Pricing and Funding Green Paper consultation conducted in October 2018.
- The next steps for the project, which include: improving the quality of data being recorded in the system, which will be achieved by developing guidelines for technicians to follow; plans for a system update; analysis of other areas at the ANU that may benefit from a booking system.
There is a focus on improving the system and its usage, as the data collected through the system will provide the University with the information to make decisions on future stages of the project.
Information and resources are available on the Technical Workshop Management System webpage. These include video instructions demonstrating how to register and submit a job request, quick how-to guides for customers and technicians, reference documents and Frequently Asked Questions.
If you encounter any issues with the Work Management System, please raise a ticket through the ANU Service Desk at https://servicedesk.anu.edu.au/sp using the following steps:
- Select the ‘Get Some Help’ option
- Chose ‘Report something broken’
- Under the ‘What best matches the issue?’ question, select ‘Request Not in Catalogue’
- Fill in details about your issue and select ‘Submit’.
For more information on the Technical Workshops project, please visit the project page. If you would like to arrange a demonstration and training session for your team, please contact the Project Manager, Rachael Morgan at Rachael.Morgan@anu.edu.au or call X59650.