Who should attend
For academics and professional staff.
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of the life cycle of collaborative teams and the key skills to work constructively within teams. Participants will learn how to recognise individual styles and strengths and how to leverage them to achieve team and individual goals.
Note: If you have previously attended SDHR14 The Value of Team Collaboration, or SDHR15 Creating a Collaborative Workplace, you do not need to attend this course.
After this workshops participants will be better able to:
- Recognise the characteristics of effective teams
- Understand individual differences and roles within the team
- Construct a plan for monitoring progress toward achieving team goals
- Understand how to synergise personalities within the team and help the team to reach consensus and compromise
- Improve team processes, team meetings and celebrations to ensure teams feel valued
- Learn techniques to deal with resistance from team members
This workshop is delivered by Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Wendy’s expertise lies in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching.
$270.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code