Who should attend
Professional first-time supervisors who are new to their leadership roles.
This workshop provides new supervisors with the tools to proactively set up their team dynamics (including routines, expectations and practices) that will foster collaboration and productivity in a conscious, strategic and deliberate manner.
- Changing boundaries when you are promoted within your team
- Team dynamics and responding to difficult and diverse personalities
- The expectations and demands from the people you manage
- Defining the kind of manager you want to be
- Understand the difference and interdependence between leadership and management
- Developing a range of frameworks and tools to effectively manage your team
- Identify the differences between a 'conscious leader' and an 'unconscious leader' and approach their own leadership strategically and proactively
- Understand new roles and responsibilities and define personal and professional boundaries within those roles
- Have a working knowledge of Situational Leadership and how to move between delegation, coaching, mentoring and direction
- Develop a sense of leadership identity (who I am as 'leader')
- Have tools to effectively give and receive feedback
- Understand how to work with a range of people and navigate tricky situations
- How to understand and draw on the motivations of team members
- How to set expectations (explicitly) and have difficult conversations when needed
- How to co-author a productive and resilience team culture
This workshop is delivered by Abby Rees, a self-confessed ‘Education Junkie’, University Lecturer, Education and Empowerment Writer, Behaviour and Change Specialist, Executive Meta-Coach and artistic thinker. In addition to her sphere of Leadership qualifications, Abby is uniquely qualified in the space of human dynamics. She is routinely invited to speak at leadership events across the country particularly for her expertise in Becoming a Conscious Leader.
Abby’s motto is ‘energy, excellence and tenacity’ and she embodies those traits in her workshops. With 23 years’ experience in the Behaviour Change Industry, Abby has developed and delivered successful leadership programs nationally. Abby's drive and personality have become the hallmarks of her company, and she uses a wide range of innovative and inventive techniques to facilitate the workshop. Abby is the recipient of several national and international regards for her work in behaviour change.
$180.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code