This two day course, facilitated by PARASOL, provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Refresher training is only available to staff who have previously undertaken the ‘Senior First Aid’ training course.
PARASOL is a leading Australian provider of training in first aid, fire safety, health and safety, business training, and advanced life support. All instructors are either qualified doctors, nurses, paramedics or fire safety officers with specialised experience in the areas they teach.
Click here to learn more about Parasol: http://www.parasol.edu.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members and students who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid response to a casualty within the community and workplace setting
- Confidentially administer CPR to a casualty
- Understand and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Medical emergencies
- Trauma emergencies
- Bites and stings
When can I attend
- 14 February 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 17 May 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 29 June 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 12 September 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 2 November 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$100 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees of $100 or less, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code