This two day course, facilitated by PARASOL, provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
PARASOL is a leading Australian provider of training in first aid, fire safety, health and safety, business training, and advanced life support. All instructors are either qualified doctors, nurses, paramedics or fire safety officers with specialised experience in the areas they teach.
Click here to learn more about Parasol: http://www.parasol.edu.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid response to a casualty within the community and workplace setting
- Confidentially administer CPR to a casualty
- Understand and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Medical emergencies
- Trauma emergencies
- Bites and stings
When can I attend
- 20 & 27 February 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 4 & 11 May 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 24 & 31 July 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 16 & 23 October 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 5 & 12 December 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$160 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code