This full day workshop, facilitated by Triple 0 Solutions, provides participants with the knowledge and skills to work safely at heights in accordance with the Regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
Triple 0 Solutions is a registered training organisation delivering industrial safety training, both nationally recognised and non-accredited, throughout Australia. All of the instructors at Triple 0 Solutions have extensive knowledge and firsthand experience in training and emergency management involving both ‘fire’ & ‘first responder’ industries.
Click here to learn more about Triple 0 Solutions: http://www.triple0solutions.com.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff who are required to perform work at heights, supervisors of these staff and building managers who authorise work to be carried out on roofs. Participants must be physically capable of participating in the practical activities. A refresher course must be undertaken every two years.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand and comply with Australian Standards and relevant legislative requirements
- Safely undertake work at heights
- Use fall prevention equipment appropriately and carry out regular inspections of equipment
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- Hazards, risks and control measures for working at heights
- Safe use of ladders
- Use of fall protection equipment
- Inspection & maintenance of equipment
- Safe work methods
- Suspension trauma
- Rescue techniques
When can I attend
- 4 April 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 11 October 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$300 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code