Who should attend
Academics and Professional Staff levels 6 - 8.
This one day workshop will review Emotional Intelligence (EI) models and skills and how to use emotions to facilitate behaviour and performance in the workplace.
- Introduction and definitions of EI
- Practical application of EI models
- Understanding emotions and drivers of behaviour
- Emotional regulation techniques to manage your emotions and respond appropriately
- Tools and skills to be resilient, and have emotional agility
- Perceiving emotions accurately in others to build empathy and rapport
- EI competencies of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and interpersonal skills
- Links to neuroscience, positive psychology and brain based leadership
- Differentiate between reaction vs considered response (neuroscience of emotions)
- Manage emotions constructively (self and others)
- Utilise self-management strategies
- Positively influence others
- Drive motivation
This workshop is delivered by external consultant Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Her expertise lies in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching.
$240 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code