This one day workshop will review Emotional Intelligence (EI) models and skills and how to use emotions to facilitate behaviour and performance in the workplace. This workshop is delivered by external consultant Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Her expertise lie in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching.
Who should attend
For professional staff levels 6 - 8, this one day workshop will review practical tools for Emotional Intelligence (EI) and teach you how to manage your emotions and build more effective relationships.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between reaction vs considered response (neuroscience of emotions)
- Manage emotions constructively (self and others)
- Utilise self-management strategies
- Positively influence others
- Drive motivation
What the workshop will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Introduction and definitions of EI
- Practical application of EI models
- Understanding emotions and drivers of behaviour
- Emotional regulation techniques to manage your emotions and respond appropriately
- Tools and skills to be resilient, and have emotional agility
- Perceiving emotions accurately in others to build empathy and rapport
- EI competencies of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and interpersonal skills
- Links to neuroscience, positive psychology and brain based leadership
When can I attend
Please email email@example.com for further information.
$250 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code