This full day workshop, delivered by the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), will provide you with techniques to create reports and informative documents that are well organised and clearly presented.
Click here to learn more about AIM http://www.aim.com.au/
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for staff whose role involves report writing, who are seeking to develop their professional writing skills.
*NB: This course represents Part A of a 2 course programme – it is recommended that attendees also attend Part B ‘Develop a Compelling Business Case’ following completion of this course.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Plan the structure of a report to ensure correct information flow
- Choose an appropriate writing style
- Determine methods for gathering and organising information
- Clearly present information, issues and recommendations
- Edit and review complex documents
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- The report writing process: Identifying objectives, analysing your audience and the terms of agreement
- Identifying content: Identifying resources and checking data for relevance and reliability
- Report structure and organisation: Report sections, promoting a consistent image and use of visuals
- Writing the first draft: Getting started and writing tips
- Finalising the report: Editing the text and producing the report
When can I attend
- 15 March 2017, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- 15 June 2017, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- 17 August 2017, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
$335 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code