This three day course, facilitated by PARASOL, provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote and/or isolated situation. This course runs for 24 hours in-class, with the successful completion of the first aid workbook and involves both theory and practical sessions.
PARASOL is a leading Australian provider of training in first aid, fire safety, health and safety, business training, and advanced life support. All instructors are either qualified doctors, nurses, paramedics or fire safety officers with specialised experience in the areas they teach.
Click here to learn more about Parasol: http://www.parasol.edu.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members working in or travelling to remote areas, beyond the reach of timely medical assistance.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Provide first aid response and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote and/or isolated situation
- Prepare to respond to an emergency in a remote situation
- Understand and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- How to respond to an emergency in a remote situation
- How to provide first aid in a remote situation
- Work in conjunction with medical and emergency services
- Evaluate the incident
When can I attend
- 22 – 24 February 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 23 – 25 August 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$385 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code