This 1.5 hour workshop will provide participants with an insight into ANU recruitment practices, policy and procedure, as well as offering practical tools to assist with recruitment.
Who should attend
Front Line Supervisors (Level 5 - 7 Professional Staff, Level B - C Academic Staff)
Mid Managers (Level 8 - SM1 Professional Staff, Level D Academic Staff)
Senior Managers (Level SM2 - SM3 Professional Staff, Level E Academic Staff)
This workshop is compulsory for Selection Committee Chairs and recommended for panel members.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand ANU recruitment and selection procedure, and best practice methodology
- Know how to attract, select and recruit the best person for a position
- Understand their role as a Chair or member of a Selection Committee
What the workshop will cover
Topics addressed will include:
University Recruitment Procedure: Understand the ANU Recruitment and Selection process and best practice methodology
- Attraction and Selection of Staff: Recognise the most appropriate means to attract quality staff to apply for advertised positions
- Roles and Responsibilities: Know the role of a chair and selection committee member as part of a staff selection process
- Understand Key Concepts: Merit based selection, diversity and equity and unconscious bias
When can I attend
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
This workshop is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a workshop without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the workshop to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the workshop; and
- Local area charging code