Who should attend
The Project Management Essentials workshop offers learners an interactive project management awareness experience. Learners will develop a work breakdown structure, present a business case and learn to close off projects upon their completion. The workshop takes a common-sense approach to understanding decision-making processes for projects, the reasons why artefacts are produced to manage projects and how to work as team to deliver effective projects.
- Define projects in their work area
- Use appropriate project management vocabulary
- Discuss and explain their project to colleagues
- Initiate a project by developing a work breakdown structure and simple schedule
- Execute a project using project management templates
Chris is the principal consultant at Canberra Business Management Specialists, he specialises in all things business including project management, health checks, sales and marketing strategies, secondary revenue opportunities, compliance and strategic growth.
Chris has comprehensive working knowledge of both the private and public sectors. Chris’s current business focus is around successful project management, compliance, accreditation and certification especially around the ISO space.
He also has vast experience in developing and delivering project management and other material for a number of RTO’s within Australia and holds accreditations in training and assessment and leadership and management; he also is a MBA.
$140.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code