Who should attend
Professional staff Levels 5 and above
The Project Management Essentials workshop offers learners an interactive project management awareness experience. Learners will develop a work breakdown structure, present a business case and learn to close off projects upon their completion. The workshop takes a common-sense approach to understanding decision-making processes for projects, the reasons why artefacts are produced to manage projects and how to work as team to deliver effective projects.
- Getting to know project management – language, lifecycles, templates and process
- Initiating projects – determining scope, feasibility, alternatives, prospective team members
- Creating proposals, budgets and schedules
- Planning projects – defining scope, setting goals, identifying stakeholders
- Preparing a budget
- Managing risk
- Preparing the project evaluation strategy
- Delivering the project, monitoring and controlling
- Developing a business case (scenario based)
- Presenting a case to your project sponsor
- Define projects in their work area
- Use appropriate project management vocabulary
- Discuss and explain their project to colleagues
- Initiate a project by developing a work breakdown structure and simple schedule
- Execute a project using project management templates
This workshop is delivered by Chris Morris-Barrow from CIT Solutions. Chris is a tertiary qualified and highly motivated business leader with over 25 years’ experience in business building, external facilitation and business management within both private and public sectors. His areas of expertise include project management, compliance, formulating/executing business strategies, implementing change management and contract negotiation.
$200 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code