Who should attend
For Academics and Professional staff Level 5 and above.
This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to learn the skills, techniques and strategies essential for carrying out presentations more effectively in the workplace.
- Key principles of effective presentation skills
- Preparation and structuring the presentation
- Techniques such as body language
- Props/slides and room set-up for effective presenting
- Managing your audience including handling questions and feedback
- Preparation – the absolute importance of it and what to do when your time frames are short
- Body Language – The importance of dressing professionally as well as how to present from various vantage points like behind a lectern, on a stage, in a small meeting room etc.
- Room Set up – various styles and what each is best for
- Props/Slides – the best use of tools to enhance your presentation, and when no props/slides is appropriate
- Structuring your presentation – how to deliver and structure based on the impact/outcome you are trying to achieve
- How to present data/research – including presenting technical information to non-technical people and how to do this best if you are trying to influence an outcome
- Managing your Audience – including challenging behaviours, some useful tools for managing the audience participation or non-participation
- Handling questions and feedback – the all-important handling the curly ones from the audience, when is it appropriate to take questions throughout presentation or wait until the end
This workshop is delivered by Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Wendy’s expertise lies in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching
$270 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code