Do you manage staff complaints, grievances and disputes? If so, please enrol in this course to understand the fundamentals and to ensure you are compliant with the ANU Enterprise Agreement and ANU policy framework.
Facilitated by a senior member of the HR Division, the course is a 2.5 hour small group workshop including presentation, Q&A session and case studies, providing you with access to the fundamentals and insights to manage these situations.
Who should attend
The course is specifically designed for supervisors, managers, and entry level HR practitioners.
All participants should have completed the Pulse online mandatory on boarding modules and the New Supervisor Program prior to attendance.
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have:
- A base line knowledge of the regulatory framework governing grievances and disputes
- An understanding of the review and escalation processes
- Knowledge of the basics of conducting a front line grievance review
- An understanding of substantive and procedural fairness
- Developed knowledge of key stakeholders and who to contact for support and assistance
- Knowledge of how to document outcomes and record keeping requirements
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Understanding a staff grievance and dispute and what it is and isn’t
- How to investigate staff grievances and disputes including the process, the review, the key timelines and key parties
- Roles and responsibilities of key parties, including conflicts of interest
- Relevant delegates and who is able to make decisions, on what and when
- Support for staff including when to involve the union, support staff, EAP, HR and/or an external reviewer
- Documenting staff grievances and disputes
- Appeals relating to staff grievances and disputes
- Disciplinary action
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
Book via this link to HORUS
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code