This online course provides participants with general information on the hazards of lasers and the precautions and techniques necessary for the effective control and safe use of lasers.
Who should attend
This online course is designed for staff working with Class 3B or Class 4 lasers, or staff required to implement laser safety programs.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the safe use of lasers in research
- Identify and assess risks in laser areas
- Understand legislative requirements for the use of lasers
- Understand the process of risk assessment process in the workplace
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- University legislative requirements
- laser and its properties
- Biological Effects
- Laser Hazards
- Laser Equipment and delivery systems
- Laser Safety Administrative requirements
- Laser Safety Officers Responsibilities
- Laser safe practices
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code