Who should attend
All University staff who are required to work on electrical circuits/equipment/appliances and machinery.
This four hour course, facilitated by the National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA), is applicable to anyone at the University required to work on electrical circuits/equipment/appliances and machinery.
The workshop includes being able to perform tasks such as maintenance, repair, installation and cleaning of Plant (equipment). This is including any work processes requiring the isolation of the following energy sources – electricity (mains), battery or capacitor banks, solar panels, fuels, heat, steam, pressurised fluids or gases, stored energy systems, gravity and radiation (lasers). The course delivery is in accordance to and a requirement of University Procedure - Isolation and Danger Tagging.
This course will cover the work processes requiring the isolation of the following energy sources:
- Battery and capacitor banks
- Solar panels
- Heat and steam
- Pressurised fluids and gases
- Stored energy systems
- Gravity and radiation
TBA per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code