About the Bootcamp
The ANU Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is running a 2.5 day Industry Engagement Bootcamp, facilitated by Gemaker.
This intensive bootcamp aims to help researchers frame their research to meet industry needs, identify potential research partners and funders, and engage with industry professionally, effectively and sustainably.
The sessions aim to empower researchers to:
- Understand industry expectations and motivations;
- Conduct market research to find key stakeholders and potential partners;
- Identify industry and customer needs and how their research can meet them;
- Adapt their professional image and communication style for the commercial world;
- Define their value proposition for a compelling pitch to industry;
- Initiate and maintain productive business relationships;
- Engage with industry and expand their networks through social media; and
- Appreciate financial imperatives and restrictions.
Who should attend: The Bootcamp is aimed at ANU academics and professional staff who would like to better engage with industry. HDR students will also be considered.
The Bootcamp will consist of two days of workshops and half a day of pitching practice and evaluation.
- Mon 1st May and Tue 2nd May (Workshops from 9am-4:30pm both days), and
- Mon 8th May (2.5hr pitching sessions will be available throughout the day)
Where: ANU Commons, 3 Rimmer Street, Canberra ACT 2601
Cost: The cost of the 2.5 day course is $1,120 ex GST per person (full cost is $2,240 ex GST, but the Technology Transfer Office will be covering half of this amount). Please note that this amount will need to be covered by your School or by you.
Register: Please register by Friday 14th April via the online form here bit.ly/anuindustry