Reporting to the Dean HDR, the Graduate Research Office (GRO) will be the central HDR Student Administration office for the University. The GRO brings together current central HDR administrative services into one office and will work collaboratively with Schools, Colleges and other Central Divisions to provide seamless, responsive, and consistent HDR administrative support.
The GRO is dedicated to improving the HDR student experience through a holistic approach to administrative support, facilitating the progression of HDR candidates from application through to completion. The GRO aims to ease administrative processes so that HDR students can focus on what matters the most – their research, academic journey and personal and professional development.
What will the GRO do?
- HDR Admissions – coordination, processing offers and creating eCoE’s, support for Joint and Dual award program admissions.
- HDR Scholarships – management of central scholarship rounds, offers and set-up, conditions of award management, reimbursements, variations and coordination of other opportunities.
- HDR Candidature – candidature management (processing enrolments & variations such as program leave, and changes to intensity), and oversight of candidature progression.
- HDR Examinations – management of thesis submissions, examinations, and thesis restrictions.
- HDR Communications & Liaison function – with prospective and current HDR candidates, Colleges and Service Divisions.
- HDR Supervisor Development, Training and Register – administrative support for the new HDR Supervisor Development Framework, ensuring highest quality support for supervisors in their role .
- HDR Administrative Support, Development and Governance – initiation and oversight of central HDR projects and improvements, reporting liaison and facilitation, quality assurance, policy interpretation & advice.
- HDR Case Management – support to the Dean HDR, candidates and staff on individual HDR issues.
The GRO will be operational from 18 February 2019 (the start of O-Week). Staff will be located across four buildings and five locations until late March when staff will relocate to Level 6 of 121, Marcus Clarke Street (Building X005).
The GRO will then relocate to the Ground floor of 121, Marcus Clarke Street in the second half of 2019.