As part of the Workers’ Compensation Self-Insurance project and our ongoing commitment to continuous improvement in workers health and safety, the University has launched a new workplace safety incident and hazard reporting tool on 1 July 2017. The new reporting tool is called Figtree.
The new incident and hazard reporting tool will assist the University to better identify hazards, manage risk, reduce incidents and help provide improved assistance to injured workers by proactively identifying hazards, facilitating automated communication through notifications and workflow, creating return to work plans, easily identify trends through dashboards and standard reports and providing more user friendly forms.
How will staff benefit?
Key benefits include:
- Staff complete an incident notification from their desktop, laptop or mobile phone device;
- Users can visually identify any areas of concern on a dashboard heat map with the integration of Google Maps and mobile phone devices and;
- Users can capture key information (such as GPS locations and photographs) in an offline capacity and sync in with the database with reconnected to the internet.
How do I access Figtree to log an incident or hazard?
- Through the current 'Submit Incident Notification' link in HORUS.
- Via the Figtree Workplace Incident & Hazard Reporting Tool webage using the 'Login to Figtree' button or
- By using the link available on the Human Resources >> Health & Safety webpage
Student incident reporting
Where do I find out more?
- Visit the Figtree webpage.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) continue to be captured and are published to the Figtree webpage.
How to provide feedback
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.