This full day course provides participants with training for in-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances, in accordance with the University’s expectations. A session on Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a component of this course.
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff and students who are required to complete the in-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances. A refresher course is required every two years in accordance with the University’s Electrical Safety Procedure.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the different types of electrical appliances
- Visually identify faults in electrical appliances
- Assess appliance testing frequency, based on environmental use and appliance type
- Perform electrical testing using Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) on either ProTag or Supernova testing equipment
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Review the University’s Electrical Safety Procedure
- Address the minimum requirements of Australian Standard 3760 In-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Practical hands-on work to ensure there are no issues in implementation
When can I attend
Please select "Register Now" to review the upcoming workshops for this training program.
$365 per participant.
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
100% charge: Notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code