Who should attend
Academics and Professional staff Level 5-8
The workshop will provide participants with a clear understanding of the fundamentals of good writing in the workplace and the tools to write clearly and concisely. You will gain a new confidence and a sound understanding of what is expected when writing different business communications.
- Overview of good grammar and business writing styles
- Sequence of key steps to plan, write and review daily communications
- Understanding the needs and objectives of the communication audience
- Basic introduction to the stages of review
- Overview of the three structures that apply to most writing formats
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Ensure your writing addresses the purpose and audience accurately
- Choose the right structure for the writing task
- Write clear, concise and jargon-free communications
- Choose the appropriate level of formality to fit the context and the audience
This workshop is delivered by Stephanie Oley who is an experienced business writer and writing coach. Stephanie’s writing career has spanned across government, private sector and higher education. In 2013, Stephanie became a partner at a Sydney creative agency, The Offices, where she oversees day-to-day proposal writing, content marketing and a range of corporate client writing projects.
$280 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code