Who should attend
Academic and professional supervisors with direct reports.
This workshop, facilitated by external consultants iHR, provides supervisors the opportunity to build competence and confidence in managing employee performance related issues. This includes the management of non-performance and tactics to foster a performance focused working environment. The course utilises a unique format, Workplace Reality Theatre, consisting of professional actors re-enacting real workplace situations, specifically chosen for ANU, which highlight various common workplace behaviours.
Participants will work with the facilitator and two actors, in the Workplace Reality Theatre, to observe, analyse and implement effective performance feedback.
Click here to learn more about Workplace Reality Theatre.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Get the best out of teams by using the key components of performance management
- Understand the role of people leaders in building positive performance, and identify triggers for when additional support may be needed
- Identify possible causes of performance issues and use appropriate resolution activities, including policies, procedures and other resources available
- Conduct influential everyday informal performance conversations that are fair, accurate and meaningful
- Apply relevant processes to under performance, including the principles associated with procedural fairness and sound practice relating to notes and documentation
- Understand the impact that unmanaged performance issues have on the organisation, teams and individuals.
- Building a Positive Performance Culture
- Performance Management Processes
- Influencing Performance
- Confident Conversations
- Legal Considerations
- Plan skill application
$440 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code