Who should attend
All academic and professional staff.
This half day interactive workshop will look at culture from the perspective of behaviour that we can observe as well as hidden cultural drivers. The workshop will also look at the way in which culture manfiests and how you can navigate cultural difference to make collaboration easier and more effective. You will discover your own cultural lens, and skills with which to access and understand the perspectives of your diverse clients and colleagues.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognise one’s own cultural context and how it might differ from people you engage with from other cultural contexts;
- Prepare for intercultural interactions in a work context and apply different perspectives using the S.U.R.F* approach;
- Successfully navigate culturally diverse workplaces;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively to achieve business outcomes.
* S = Stop and suspend judgement; U = Use your observation and listening skills; R = Recognise and respect difference; F = Find common ground and be flexible
Beasley Intercultural is a leading Australian cross-cultural training and consultancy company. The team of consultants are expert facilitators with extensive experience in diversity and inclusion, leadership and cross-cultural communications.
$180 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code