The User Acceptance Testing for Costing, Pricing and Approval Project Phase 3 was completed last week with 12 sessions undertaken and 66 people attending (12% Academic, 88% Professional). Participants identified a number of usability improvements and functional defects that have been raised with ITS and Readify. The engagement and support of the Local System Administrators (LSA) has greatly contributed to this process.
Release of Phase 3
The release of the tool is scheduled for Friday 7th October. This will impact users for approximately one hour between 8 -9 am to allow for the data migration.
Between now and then:
- 30 September – an advisory session for all professional staff that work directly with researchers using the system.
- October (date TBA) – a train the trainer session will be held for the Local System Administrators.
- 11th October 9:30am – Town Hall sessions for Researchers or Professional staff that will use the system.
- 12th October 11am – Town Hall sessions for Researchers or Professional staff that will use the system.
- 13th October 4pm – Town Hall sessions for Researchers or Professional staff that will use the system.
A new webpage will be released on the day we go live with updated FAQs. This page has been developed in conjunction with researchers and professional staff to deliver helpful information in a user friendly way.
The new tool will also contain two registers:
- Each project will nominate the relevant R account (Financial Code) for indirect rates to be returned to, and
- A list of pre-approved recovery rates for specific schemes and their funding agency name.