Who should attend
Academics and Professional staff Level 5 - 8
This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to learn the skills, techniques and communication strategies essential for communicating more effectively in workplace.
- Key principles of effective communication
- The communication process and methods, including interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, written communication and oral communication
- Communication techniques including active listening, assertiveness, body language and tone
- Common barriers to communication
- Establish rapport, credibility and influence
- Determine what communication is and how it occurs
- Identify the different ways in which communication can take place
- Understanding and working with different communication styles
- Utilise active listening and be assertive effectively
- Utilise a variety of techniques and strategies for communicating more effectively in the workplace
This workshop is delivered by Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Wendy’s expertise lies in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching.
$240 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code