Who should attend
All A to D Academic Supervisors and Level 5 to SM1 Professional Supervisors
This workshop will focus on applying strategies and skills for developing resilience in self and others. Participants will learn how to respond effectively to the multitude of changes and challenges that we are faced with in our work and personal lives.
- Understand how to exercise the brain to train for peak cognitive performance and recovery to assist in building a winning and resilient mindset and to maximize performance
- Build skills for dealing with a difficult working environment, including dealing with change and peak work pressures
- Identify and practice practical strategies to assist in recovering from setbacks as well as improving productivity and building emotional resilience
- Clearly understand the physiological, psychological and behavioural consequences of chronic and sustained stress and how these can impact on work performance, productivity, team morale and health
- Understand the key factors that influence and improve emotional resilience in self and staff, in particular the ability to navigate through challenging situations
- Develop individual self-care plans to assist participants to ‘switch-off’ and recover so that they are able to ‘switch-on’ when necessary
- Develop skills to remain calm at key pressure times and also to maintain workplace engagement by identifying and applying core values in the workplace
This workshop is delivered by Sue Read, a trained psychologist who has a particular interest in assisting individuals and organisations to attain optimal health. Sue achieves this aim by providing targeted interventions to address issues such as preventing psychological injury, building resilience, addressing workplace conflict, and prevention and management of stress-related symptoms.
$350 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% charge: Notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code