ANU Policy Greenhouse Fund is a pilot scheme designed to support academics to develop policy ideas and undertake short- to medium-term projects with high public policy value. The Fund is open to all eligible ANU academics. It aims to encourage collaboration within the University, as well as build direct engagement opportunities and enhance connections between ANU and policy-makers.
The Fund values cross-disciplinary projects, and supports teams that comprise of senior and mid- to early-career researchers.
The Fund will support up to 16 proposals in 2019.
Funding is available from the Policy Greenhouse Fund for:
1. Collaboration Initiatives - grants of up to $5,000 are available to support academics who have policy ideas and are seeking opportunities to engage in direct collaboration with policy makers. These policy ideas will have the potential to become an established project. The duration for the Initiatives activities can be up to 6 months from commencement. Funding for up to 10 Collaboration Initiatives will be provided in 2019. For more information on this scheme, please see the Collaboration Initiatives Funding Guidelines
2. Projects – grants of up to $75,000 are available to support academics and academic teams that work with external policy partners to understand major policy questions. The grants will fund project activities that address these questions and make relevant policy recommendations at the conclusion of the Project. The duration of the Project activities can be up to 12 months from commencement. For more information on this scheme, please see the Projects Funding Guidelines.
· ANU academic staff members who are on continuing or fixed-term appointments, and at least 40 per cent of full time equivalent (0.4 FTE) and full-titled honorary appointees
· Applicants must have the support of their School Directors and/or College Deans to apply.
Interested academics can apply for funding to support their Project or Initiative. Prior to applying for the Fund, applicants need to address the selection criteria.
1. Collaboration Initiatives: Proposals for Collaboration Initiatives can be submitted here at any time between 6 May and 13 September 2019. Successful applicants will be invited to work with the Hub to scope project ideas, assess and develop its public policy value, identify and form potential partners (if none are identified in the initial proposal).
2. Policy Greenhouse Projects: Proposals for Policy Greenhouse Projects can be submitted here between 6 May and 5 July 2019. Applications will be assessed based on the Project’s potential public policy contribution and the strength of the proposed collaboration between ANU and external policy partner(s). After the initial assessment, applicants may be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
The Public Policy and Societal Impact Hub will be running information sessions to provide potential applicants with overview of the scheme and to answer any questions you may have.
Dates: 15th, 22nd, 29th May & 5th June 2019 from 12.30-1.30pm
Location: 65 Balmain Lane, ANU Campus, Acton:
RSVP: Please RSVP to select your session date. You are welcome to bring your lunch.
For queries about the Policy Greenhouse Fund please contact Jodie Mildenhall at:
Ph: 6125 6831