The first step of planning and scheduling a video project is to complete a project brief:
- Purpose: What do you want your video for - promotion, education, or something else?
- Target audience: Who do you want to reach with your video? Do you know your audience's video-watching habits?
- Distribution platform: Where will your video be played - web, TV, at an event?
- Content: What are the key messages that your video needs to communicate?
- Narration: Does your video require narration?
- Style: Are you producing a corporate or documentary style video? How do you want your audience to feel?
- Desired reaction: Do you want feedback from your audience? Is there a call-to-action?
- Budget: What budget is available for your video production?
- Deadline: When does the video need to be completed?