Student Business Transformation project
The Student Business Transformation (SBT) project aims to provide streamlined, paperless and integrated processes to make it simpler and faster for College, School, Student (HDR and Coursework) and Divisional Student Administration staff to undertake student data processing and to produce student reporting. Digitalised eForm solutions, which are a product of this project, integrate with the University's core enterprise systems and enable accurate and secure storage of approvals and attachments on a corresponding student file without manual intervention. Other objectives of this project include:
- standardised processes in handling and managing student-related data
- reduced end-to-end processing timeframes
- efficient record storage and faster record retrieval
- automated notifications and reminders
- alignment with Coursework Awards Rule 2015.
The key Student eForms released by this SBT project (available from the eForms webpage) are:
- Higher Degree Research (HDR) Milestones eForm – released on 1 July 2016
- Special Consideration and Deferred Examination eForm – released on 1 July 2016
- Manage My Degree (MMD) Coursework eForm – released on 29 September 2016
- Manage My Degree (MMD) HDR eForm – released on 29 September 2016.
Further details on the above eForms can be found on the Student Business Transformation webpage.
About the reports
The Student eForm reports are available to a variety of stakeholders including deans, student supervisors and academic/research school managers. These reports enable reporting on data extracted from requests entered into the Student eForms. This will lead to a number of benefits including:
- increased visibility of the workflow progress
- reduced time and effort in collating and compiling data
- the ability to view summarised information
- increased ability to monitor form usage.
The current Student eForm reports available in ANU Insight are:
The underlying data for these reports are refreshed daily.
The Student eForm reports are available through the ANU Insight portal and can be run at any time by staff who have access to the reports by logging into the ANU Insight portal. To obtain access to ANU Insight, please refer to the section below.
Obtaining access to the reports
All ANU staff have access to ANU Insight. Content relating to Student eForms is secured based on access to the Student Administration System (SAS). If you require access to the reports please visit the Student Administration System webpage to find more information and to download the access form. Your access form should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The access arrangements to student data through the ANU Insight system are undertaken in accordance with the following policies and guidelines:
Breaches of the Code of Conduct or University policies and procedures may result in disciplinary action.
Log in to ANU Insight
Getting help and assistance
Student eForm report users seeking help understanding the reports and/or their data should contact the ANU Insight Service Desk at email@example.com or +61 2 6125 8649. Users seeking assistance in using the eForms should get in touch with the Student Central team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 135 268.