Echo360 Universal Capture - Personal (UCAP) can capture audio and video and also what is being displayed on the computer screen. Once the recording has been captured from your computer at your own pace, you will be able to edit it and then upload the video to the Echo360 of the relevant course site.
To install this Universal Capture - Personal (UCAP), your computer will have to be on the latest Operating System.
Once the latest Operating System is installed in your laptop or PC, you will be able to follow the steps below to download and install UCAP.
If you are trying to install UCAP onto your work laptop or PC, once the latest Operating System has been installed; you can launch the Software Centre from the Start bar of your work device. In the Software Centre, search for UCAP and you will be able to install the application from the Centre.
Note: As of August 2019, the minimum OS requirement for UCAP is Windows 10 (64-bit) or higher on Windows, and macOS10.12 (Sierra) or higher on Mac. For an update of your operating system on your work devices, please contact the IT Service Desk.
For additional system requirements, please visit the Echo360 help page https://support.echo360.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2925338-universal-capture-specifications
UCAP does not record system sounds. Hence, UCAP will not be able to record a video (e.g. Youtube video, Vimeo video) simoutaneously when you are recording a lecture.
It is suggested that you place a link to the video in the Powerpoints which will be shared with the students.
Last update: 13 Jan 2021
You will be brought to the Downloads page. Under Universal Capture - Personal, select to download the software for MAC or Windows. Once downloaded, open the .zip file (Mac) or .exe file (Windows) and follow the prompts on screen to install the software.
If you require assistance to install the UCAP software on ANU devices (e.g. Computer), please contact your local IT team or ITS Service Desk team to help.
Login to UCAP
Once you've installed the software, follow these steps:
- Launch Echo360 UCAP - A new window will open. (Refer to the image to the right for the different icons to launch UCAP)
- A message will appear, asking you to "Click here to login".
- Once you have clicked on the message, a new tab will open in your default browser
- Under Email in the new Tab, please enter your email as uniID@anu.edu.au (NOT your email@example.com email)
- On the ANU Federation Login page, enter your uniID and HORUS password > click Continue
- Once the email is entered, a pop window "Launch Application" will appear. Click on "Echo360 Capture" follow by "Open Link"
- The UCAP window will pop up and you are now logged in.