ANUbasic and Student
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) service is available to all ANU Staff and Students, allowing secure remote connections to the ANU network.
VPN client software is available for most operating systems. To access the anubasic VPN:
- Download and install the relevant VPN service client
- Open the VPN client software and configure with the following settings:
- Connect to anuvpn.anu.edu.au
- Set Group to ANU
- Enter username, which is your ANU ID followed by "@anubasic" for staff (eg u1234567@anubasic) or "@student" (eg u1234567@student) for students
- Enter your ANU password (Horus/ISIS)
The VPN cannot be used to access remote services, and Reverse Proxy (virtual.anu.edu.au) is the preferred solution for this.
Staff - The anubasic VPN might not enable access to some services operated by local areas. In many cases these areas operate specific VPN groups to provide access. Please contact the relevant Local IT Support Staff (LITSS) for information on remote access to locally-operated services or for further information or support.
VPN service clients
32-bit Linux installations
Cisco have ceased support for 32-bit Linux deployments of the AnyConnect software. We recommend using OpenConnect (http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/) on these platforms.
New 64-bit Linux installations
Users that are installing AnyConnect on Linux for the first time will need to run the following command after installing AnyConnect in order to avoid certificate errors:
sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/UTN_USERFirst_Hardware_Root_CA.pem /opt/.cisco/certificates/ca/