In case of emergency
In the event of a life threatening emergency contact Police/Ambulance/Fire on 0-000. Please be sure to dial the first 0 to make calls external to the University.
If safe to do so, note and report the incident to ANU security on 612 52249, an emergency warden or your supervisor.
Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
For further advice with regard to location of AEDs on campus please see the map at this link Campus AED Locations
In case of fire
- Do not use the lifts
- Use the fire stairs only
- Feel doors for heat before you open them - if hot, do not open
- Close doors behind you, but do not lock them
- Always follow the instructions of the emergency wardens
- Take your personal possessions such as wallets, keys, mobile devices and handbags with you
- Make your way to the designated evacuation assembly point for your building and wait for further instructions. The designated assembly point for Hancock West (43) is located on lawns in front of the building, adjacent to Sullivan’s Creek Road. If you are unsure where the designated assembly point is in your building please refer to the evacuation diagrams which will be displayed at the building entry
- Be aware of the layout of the floor the location of all exits points, fire fighting equipment and red phones. Be aware of all procedures - further information can be found at the Fire Safety page of the ANU Facilities & Services Division.
If medical attention is necessary
- In an emergency where urgent medical attention is necessary always call an Ambulance - call 000
- Cost/payment of Ambulance can be discussed at a later date
- Staff should not drive colleagues to the hospital
- Individual’s emergency contact should be contacted in any event where emergency services are not required.