Health and Safety
- Emergency evacuations - when an emergency alarm sounds, giving notification for evacuation, you are required to evacuate the building as soon as possible
- Details of the ITS First Aid Officers, Fire Wardens and Health & Safety Representatives can be found under the reference documents box
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) - for further advice with regard to location of AEDs on campus please see the map at this link Campus AED Locations
- Incident reporting - To report an incident, hazard or near miss:
- Log in to Figtree
- Complete an incident, hazard or near miss notification. (A near miss is an incident that has occurred where no one was injured but there was potential for harm.)
- ANU Security maintains a 24 hour presence on campus in order to ensure the safety and protection of all students, staff and visitors, as well as to protect the university assets
- The On Campus On Demand bus provides transport between libraries, car parks and lecture theatres on campus. It operates between 6.30 pm and 11.30 pm Monday to Friday. To get picked up by the bus call 6125 2249. The bus will come as soon as practical
- ANUOK is the official safety and wellbeing app for ANU students. The app features include quick access to ANU Security, a personal safety toolbox, a campus map, transport and parking services and many other personal support resources.
- Maps & way finding provides a link to the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) map along
- The ANU has an Electrical Safety Management procedure that must be followed and places considerable onus upon individual responsibility. You should in your own interests familiarise yourself with the ANU policy and the ANU brochure 'Be safe with Electricity'
- A Workstation Self Assessment is to be done at commencement of employment, after desk relocation and at the onset of any symptoms of injury
- Infrastructure faults and repairs must be reported to the Building Custodian
ITS Local WHS Committee
The ANU has established local Work Health and Safety (WHS) committees at the College/Division and School/Department level. All local WHS committees are subcommittees of the University WHS Committee.
Local WHS committees provide a forum for the discussion, resolution and implementation of strategies to address WHS issues. Unresolved WHS issues may be referred to the University WHS Committee.
ITS is represented on the F&S and ITS Advisory Board