ANU offers a choice of counselling and advisory services for our staff members and their immediate families.
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providers can help you work through a broad range of personal and work-related issues. You don’t need to struggle alone.
They’re qualified, experienced and independent and the service is free and confidential.
For staff and family members
Assure – 1800 808 374
- Multiple locations
- Receive up to four (4) appointments per year. Delivery is flexible with appointments available in person, over the phone, or online through email or Skype.
- Assure also provide a 24hr crisis hotline.
- W assureprograms.com.au
Relationships Australia – 02 6122 7100
- Location: Deakin
- Receive up to four (4) appointments per year. Appointments can be taken in person or over the phone.
- W relationships.org.au
For staff only
The services described below are for ANU staff members only. Immediate family members should contact Assure or Relationships Australia for assistance.
ANU Adviser to Staff – 02 612 53616
- The Adviser to Staff provides free, confidential and professional counseliing and advice to staff on-campus in dealing with work-related or personal issues that may be affecting their work.
- Advice to managers and work groups can also be provided.
- The Adviser can also help develop strategies for dealing with workplace issues causing difficulties or tension, and provide an informal, work-related mediation service for dispute resolution or problem-solving.
- The Adviser to Staff also co-ordinates an annual seminar series in conjunction with the ANU Counselling Centre.
- On-campus appointments can be made during business hours, Monday to Thursday. If we can’t take your call, leave a message or email email@example.com We’ll get back to you.
- W counselling.anu.edu.au/adviser-staff
Assistance for managers
- Assistance for Managers is available to Heads, Managers and Supervisors to help manage difficult situations with staff.
- Managers are encouraged to access the Human Resources Division for help initially (x53346), then the Adviser to Staff (x53616).
- If further assistance is required Assure also offer a Manager Support Program (MSP) on 1800 505 015.
- W https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/wellbeing/employee-assistance-program
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Mental Health Crisis Service 1800 629 354
- Kids Helpline (young people up to 25 years) 1800 551 800
- Canberra Rape Crisis Centre 02 6247 2525
- Domestic Violence Crisis Service 02 6280 0900
- ANU Security 02 612 52249
- Emergency (Police, Fire, Ambulance) 000