We are delighted to launch this Expression of Interest for the Leading for the Future Program. Aimed at emerging and mid-career academic and professional leaders at ANU, this program is a unique opportunity to engage in a year-long development program co-created by ANU and for ANU.
As a University, we are about to enter an exciting new phase. With the 75th Anniversary of the University’s founding coming up, the new strategic plan in the final stages of consultation and the Service Performance Framework informing not only what we do, but how we do it, the timing of this program could not be better. The program will provide participants with an opportunity to reflect on and develop personal and group leadership and management skills and contribute to projects of strategic importance to ANU.
ANU academic staff level B and C and professional staff ANUO8 and SM1 are eligible to apply. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting program that will stretch you outside of your comfort zone, expand your networks and enhance your leadership and management skills, this is the program for you. In return, we are asking for your commitment to group learning and being part of an inclusive cohort of fearless leaders who want to make a meaningful contribution to the future of ANU.
The Program is co-sponsored by Deputy Vice-Chancellor Student and University Experience, Professor Ian Anderson, and Chief Operating Officer, Paul Duldig.
More information about the program, including eligibility criteria and indicative program dates and content can be found below.
- 12-month facilitated Leadership Development Program (starting in July 2021 and finishing in June 2022). See Program Overview.
- Initial Program Kick Off (July 21, 2021) to meet fellow participants and program co-sponsors, and to connect to ANU 2025.
- Module 1: Leading Self and Others (August to October 2021) to explore personal leadership strengths, adjusting leadership styles, understanding motivation and more.
- Module 2: Leading the Institution and Community (November 2021 – March 2022) to explore leading in complex academic institutions, stewarding external relationships and managing financial and human resources.
- Module 3: Building and Sharing a New Leadership Legacy (April – June 2022) to explore participants impact on ANU and beyond.
- Participants will have access to three one-on-one executive coaching sessions to use throughout the program.
- Participants will work in small groups on strategic action development projects of significant importance to the University.
- Open to professional staff leaders at ANU classification level ANUO8 to SM1 and academic staff leaders at Level B to Level C in leadership positions which involve small to moderate budget and/or people responsibility for University, College or School-wide service divisions or units.
- Participants must be available and prepared to participate for the full duration of the program (see program dates).
- Participants must commit to group learning, being part of an inclusive cohort of leaders and completing the work as part of the program.
Shortlisting for the program is currently in progress.
If you have any questions about the program or the EOI process, please contact the Culture & Development team by emailing: HRD.Development@anu.edu.au