Superannuation contributions are provided to you based on your type of appointment. Contributions are made fortnightly and paid directly to UniSuper.
For continuing & fixed-term (more than 12 months) employment
- University pays 14% employer superannuation contribution of superannuable salary
- University pays 3% award contribution
- Standard member contribution of 7% post-tax or 8.25% pre-tax by automatic deduction each pay period
For fixed-term (less than 12 months) and casual employment
- The University is required to contribute either a 9.5% Superannuation Guarantee payment or a 3% Award superannuation payment (as prescribed under The Tertiary Education Superannuation Scheme (TESS) Award 1988). Employees are eligible for SG contributions if they earn more than $450 per month and the University does not contribute to any other super fund on behalf of the member.
- For employees who do not meet SG requirements, a UniSuper 3% Award contribution may be payable to academic staff who are paid a minimum of $2,788, (from 1 January 2012), for each 6 month period, or to general staff who work a minimum of 100 hours for each 6 month period.